I’ve been looking into the reasons people choose minimalism and found an interesting opinion article by Graham Hill that was in the New York Times in 2013. It details how this super successful tech entrepreneur shed a life of luxury to live a more simple life in a tiny 420 square foot studio. It got me thinking about my own reasons. I came up with 6:
1. I live in a New York City apartment.
2. Money is tight after spending more than a decade in higher education.
3. My mother was a pack rat / borderline hoarder and I always hated it.
4. I am concerned about the environment.
5. It feels good to live in less chaos and let go of what you don’t need.
6. And when I buy less, I have more to invest in the very best things.