I’ve been wearing make up sparingly now for 10 years. And through many mistakes and bad buys, I’ve finally settled on just a few holy grail products, that together creates a long lasting ‘no make up’ look. Through the girl wisdom of makeupalley.com, amazon reviews, and various youtube gurus throughout the years, I’ve put together a collection of high end, high quality items that I think every girl should have. So in the order that I would apply them, here goes:
1) Smashbox Photo Finish primer – A little goes a long way especially around the nose, eyes, and any rough patches. This creates a smooth surface to work on.
2) Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer in nude or Benefit you rebel lite - Using a beauty blender sponge I dab and smear a very thin layer of this all over. I like using benefit on days that I want lighter coverage. Benefit is more glowy while Laura Mercier is a bit more powdery.
3) Bobbi brown foundation stick in sand nude – This is a foundation but acts like a concealer. Using the same sponge I dab this over red areas and dark circles around the eyes. This formula looks very natural and feels light.
4) Stila stay all day liquid eyeliner – Every employee at Sephora will tell you this is the most long lasting eyeliner on the market and it’s true! This will not smudge – at all. If you rub your eyes really hard, it will come off, but even then it does not leave you with raccoon eyes. The thinnest line you could possibly make is best.
5) K palette 24 hour eyebrow pen – long lasting subtle natural looking eyebrows without the need for any extra tools. The pigmentation is very much like watercolor paint or a very faint stain. I prefer this over powders, waxes, and pencils because it gives a softer look and smudges nicely and lasts all day and all night. I just use this to fill in any sparse spots and smudge it around a little. If you do it right, no one should be able to tell you have filled in your brows.
7) Nars laguna bronzer – This bronzer works with almost all skin tones. Just a little bit over the nose, chin, and cheeks gives your face just the right amount of definition and depth. I find other bronzers to be too shiny or too brown.
Tools: Sephora Collection Precision Sponge (Beauty Blender)